William J. Owen
William J. Owen graduated from the University of California, Davis, in 1969, with a B.A. degree in political science. Three years later, he received his law degree from the University of California, Davis. Mr. Owen began practice in Sacramento in 1973, and has since tried more than 50 cases before an assortment of juries. In 1995, he tried the Marysville School District shooting case. William Owen, along with his brother Allan, also won a large civil jury trial in early 2000.
Admitted to the State Bar of California in 1972, Mr. Owen is also admitted to practice in the United States District Court, Eastern District of California, and the United States Court of Appeals, Ninth District. He has tried approximately 75 cases to a jury verdict.
Mr. Owen has represented countless California consumers in a wide variety of personal injury cases. A member of the California State Bar, Sacramento County Bar Association, and the Consumer Attorneys of California, Mr. Owens received the President’s Award for service to the Sacramento County Bar in 1995.
The parent of two adult daughters, Mr. Owen has coached youth soccer, softball and basketball. When he’s not working tirelessly on behalf of California residents, Mr. Owen enjoys walking and golfing.
- UC Davis School of Law — J.D. (1972)
- UC Davis — B.A., Political Science (1969)
- United States District Court, Eastern District of California
- United States Court of Appeals, Ninth District
- Current member of:
- State Bar of CA
- Sacramento County Bar Association
- Consumer Attorneys of CA
- Captiol City Trial Lawyers Association
- Past Memberships include:
- CA Attorneys for Criminal Justice
- National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers
- Barristers Club of Sacramento
- Indigent Criminal Defense Panel Committee
- American Trial Lawyers Association
- American Bar Association
- Criminal Defense Attorneys of Sacramento
- Current Managing Attorney of Law Offices of Timmons, Owen, Jansen & Tichy Inc.
- Former President of the Indigent Criminal Defense Panel – 3 years
- Former President of the Criminal Defense Attorneys of Sacramento
- Treasurer of the Barristers Club
- Vice Chair Yolo County Grand Jury
- Former President of El Macero Country Club
- Former President of Davis Aquadarts
- Chairman of Golf Committee – El Macero Country Club