You got injured on the job in California, and now you’re wondering: what benefits could I potentially receive? After all, you’re going to be out of work – possibly for several weeks or months – and you need to have some assurance that you’re not going to fall behind. By learning about benefits, you can gain some peace of mind during this tough time.
Benefits You’ll Receive Through Workers’ Comp
The benefits you may receive include:
- Medical care, so you can get properly treated for your injury
- Mileage reimbursement, for the miles you traveled to get medical care
- Job displacement, if you need to gain more skills or education for job retraining
- Temporary disability, which will cover your lost wages for the time you’re out of work
- Permanent disability, if you have a permanent loss of function
Keep in mind that there are limits to the amounts you’ll receive and restrictions on your medical care.
How Benefits Work
When it comes to your medical care, you’ll typically need to go to a doctor who is in the Medical Provider Network. You may be able to use your own doctor, but it’s not likely.
You could receive job displacement benefits if you can’t go back to work after you recover. If you qualify, then you would receive a $6,000 voucher to put towards your retraining.
Your temporary disability amount will be two-thirds of your average weekly wage, and you can receive this money for up to 104 weeks.
Permanent disability is calculated using the loss of function model, where you’ll receive a score that’s 0% to 100%. The maximum weekly rate is $290.
Contacting Timmons, Tichy & Associates, Inc.
If you’ve been injured on the job in California, then contact the personal injury attorneys Timmons, Tichy & Associates, Inc. at (916) 444-0321 for a free consultation. We look forward to hearing from you.